About Edgemont Primary School
Edgemont Primary School is organized to serve students in grades pre-kindergarten through three.
The school's instructional program is supplemented by additional services such as art, physical education, special education, music, guidance, gifted and talented, remedial reading, and library.
Report cards are issued every six weeks.
(There are six grading periods per year.)
The mission of Edgemont Primary School in partnership with parents and the community is to provide quality educational programs in a safe, nurturing learning environment. Our aim is to enhance self-esteem, promote cultural awareness, encourage individuality, and promote personalized learning for students, staff, and the community.
- Student learning should be the main purpose of the school.
- Students' learning needs should be at the center of all school decisions.
- All students can learn.
- Students learn in different ways and should be offered a variety of learning activities to help them learn.
- Students learn best when they are actively involved in the learning activity.
- Students with disabilities and/or limited English and gifted and talented students need special services and resources.
- A safe and comfortable school helps students learn.
- In today's world, it is important for students to understand that people are not all the same and may come from different backgrounds.
- Parents, students, and school staff share the responsibility for student learning.
- Each student should feel valued and respected within the school community.